forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problems with 5.20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: problems with 5.20 Reply with quote

Hello
I recently installed 5.20 and find some serious problems. One very large program has worked fine up til now, but recompiled with 5.20 it now fails in a dynamic allocation of a very small array. If I switch on debug mode, the allocation works as before, but I do not wish to release a debug version, as it is much larger and slower.

For the time being, would it be possible to obtain an installation of the previous release (April 2007 I think) - I can't remember the version number). I would greatly appreciate this

I also observed some cosmetic Clearwin issues - for instance the text in a parameter box %pb used to be set by %fd, but now is just the plain system font, regardless of whether %fd is called. In addition the physical size of list boxes seems to have changed with version 5.2, so that alignment of dialog boxes has changed. It would be very tedious to go through the program changing the size of all list boxes. There may be other Clearwin issues, but I havent had the time to check them all.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis

There is a known regression at 5.20 which will affect some ALLOCATE statements. We will get back to you soon with information on how to backtrack or get a patch.

Regarding %pb and %fd, I am not aware of any changes here. I can look at the code when I get a chance.

Regarding listboxes, there was a bug that caused listboxes to be grossly distorted for a wide range of font sizes. I felt that I had no choice but to fix the bug whilst realising that it could cause some cosmetic changes to existing code. I hope that this can be tollerated. The alternative is for me to add some kind of flag that allows users to go back to the bugged state, which is not very satisfactory.
louis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: problems with 5.20 Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, but for the time being I would appreciate being able to get back to version 5.10 - would it be possible to supply an installation download for this version - I have scanned all my machines and I stupidly seem not to have saved the 5.10 installation executable.
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a FTN95 compiler executable with the ALLOCATE bug fixed here: http://www.ftn95.co.uk/ftn95/ftn95_5_20_1.zip

If you send an email to ftn95@silverfrost.com with your serial number they will send you details of how to get hold of 5.10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: