forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plato having a Groundhog Day - or is it me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparge

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Plato having a Groundhog Day - or is it me? Reply with quote

Wow, I was absolutely convinced I had posted about this before but I can find no trace of it. So ...

... with Win Xp XP3, Plato v4.4.0, FTN95 v6.10.0 ...

... working on an application I haven't looked at for a while.

After I changed some code in one module, I selected CHECKMATE Win32 and rebuilt, then DEBUG Win32 and rebuilt, and then RELEASE Win32 and rebuilt. (This is more or less standard practice for me when I am developing).

Then I reselected CHECKMATE Win32 and hit the "Continue debugging" button on the Build toolbar. Plato announced that "This configuration is out of date. Would I like to build it?". When I said yes, it compiled the module that it already compiled three builds ago, and went ahead.

A little more investigation reveals that actually I can select any one of the three build modes and try and run, and Plato will say the same thing. The behaviour is quite repeatable. Furthermore, if I rebuild all three builds again, it will continue to ask the same question if I then change mode from the last one built.

As I have written this post, I have decided that I have definitely posted about, or reported, this before. I even searched emails to see if I had reported it as a bug instead but nothing there either. So ...

Is there any evidence that posts are going missing from the forum? I searched the whole forum, not just the Plato subforum (even though it is clearly a Plato issue), and there is no trace of any such post. This is not the first time I have begun a post with words approximating to "I am convinced I had posted about this before but I can find no trace of anything, so here goes ..."
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot check this right now but I think I know what may be the problem.
I should be able to get back to you fairly soon (couple of weeks) on this one.
sparge

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. I presume you are referring to the Plato problem rather than the forum problem. I would be grateful if you could make sure the latter is also investigated along the lines I suggested. The number of times I search for and fail to find something I am sure I have posted about before, is something that has been bugging me for a while.
Robert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a look at the code that posts to the forum and made a few changes. If you see any more errors can you send the url to ftn95@silverfrost.com please.

The code that sends the emails run after posting to the forum so I don't think this issue could cause missing posts . Also it only runs on replies, not the initial posting so any starting post should be okay.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now tested the original reported Plato problem but cannot reproduce it. I am assuming that it has been fixed already but if it persists after the next release then please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: