forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server error gobbledegook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Server error gobbledegook Reply with quote

Have just tried twice to post, and receieved the following screenful of gobbledegook both times - and unlike the usual DEBUG mode error red herring, on neither occasion did the post actually get through. Not sure what is wrong with my post - it previewed OK- but it was the same on both occasions because I was able to retrieve a mangled version of it from the error output (several injections of :2c726089cc and one addition of \\), unmangle it, and post it again the second time, rather than relying on my own addled memory.

Going to copy this whole post as text before I hit send as I don't fancy unmangling /it/ and I have a sneaking suspicion this isn't going to work either

Andy
---
Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated., SQL state 22001 in SQLExecDirect in C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php:154) in C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\includes\page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php:154) in C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\includes\page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php:154) in C:\HostingSpaces\silverfr\forums.silverfrost.com\wwwroot\includes\page_header.php on line 486

General Error

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 22001 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES (9651, 'Re: Passing INTEGER*2 arguments using STDCALL convention fails', '2c726089cc', '[quote:2c726089cc=\"qt\"]... the WinAPI/ODBC function SQLBindCol whose second argument requires a short [i:2c726089cc]unsigned [/i:2c726089cc]integer to be passed ...[/quote:2c726089cc] (italics mine) Just reading this thread again ... FORTRAN has no concept of unsigned. I never understood the significance of the distinction in C i.e. I don''''t understand how a compiler treats an integer differently depending if it is signed or unsigned ... but presumably that function would know and complain (or malfunction and suffer in silence) if it was passed a signed short integer from C code. Why would we expect it to work correctly if it gets a signed short integer from FORTRAN code?')

Line : 251
File : functions_post.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: