forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could not install version 4.90 from the website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Could not install version 4.90 from the website Reply with quote

On trying to download the upgrade from website http://www.silverfrost.com/29/customer_login.asp, I got the message box saying:

“ftn95_upgrade.exe is not a valid Win32 application”.

I tried both ways: the Run button installing it direct, and the Save button saving the .exe to a folder of my choice and then executing it. I got the same message box both times.

Donald Whitlock
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Could not install version 4.90 from the website Reply with quote

"ftn95_upgrade.exe is not a valid Win32 application" is an Operating System message and usually means that you have a corrupt executable. This can occur for several reasons but the most common FTN95 upgrade reason is that the executable has not been downloaded correctly. Sometimes the download can fail and leave the file incomplete.

I have run the downloaded upgrade (just now) with Windows XP and Windows 98 successfully.
Ananda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Could not install version 4.90 from the website Reply with quote

I have tried to download the FTN95 version 4.90 several times since 09/01/2006. Every time when I try to install, I get the same error messeage as "ftn95_upgrade.exe is not a valid Win32 application". The download takes about 15 min every time. This seems to be very slow. I never had any problem in the past.

Can anyone help me to download it successfully.
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Could not install version 4.90 from the website Reply with quote

We are sorry you could not download the update, there seems to be an intermittent problem with the Silverfrost.com ISP. We have reported the issue to them and they may well have resolved the problem by the time you read this.

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: