forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access violation : what's that ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Since several days, I have a problem with the Fortran compiler. A window with an error message open :
"C:PROGRAM FILESSALFORD SOFTWAREFTN95SDBG.EXE"
"Access Violation"
"The instruction at address ......... attempted to read from location ......."
Previously, there was no problem with the compiler.
Could you please help me ?
Thanks

Kitts (France)
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Kitts

There is a problem when running the debugger.

You could try deleting sdbg.ini which you will find in your WINDOWS folder on your primary disc drive (use Search or Find after right clicking on the Start button).

If the problem persists and started to occur after upgrading FTN95 then you should let us know
otherwise you could try reinstalling FTN95 etc.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

I have already twice reinstalling FTN95 but the problem still persists .
I delete sdbg.ini in the Windows directory, without success : the problem is still going on.

Kitts (France)
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Kitts

Can you post the full error message.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Exception : C:PROGRAM FILESSALFORD SOFTWAREFTN95SDBG.EXE

Access Violation

The instruction at address 7c9112b4 attempted to read from location 0069002e

7c9112b4 routine at address 7C9112B4 [+0000]
77daeb64 routine at address 77DAEB64 [+0000]
0362a372 __set_register_value [+0051]
100076f7 LoadPlatoBreakpoints(void)#3 [+01aa]
100078d2 sdbg_main [+0ccf]
00401000 main [+0076]

Kitts (France)
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Kitts

The problem appears to be occuring when SDBG is started from Plato and SDBG tries to store the name of a file in the registry.
Whilst we are investing the problem, an alternative approach is to run SDBG directly, either from a command prompt or from Explorer.

Please reply with
a) the name of the operating system you are using and
b) the version number of FTN95 that you are using (type FTN95 at a command prompt).
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

My operating system is Windows XP - familial edition.
The version number of FTN95 that I use is 4.9.0

Kitts (France)

kitts (France)
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Kitts

The problem occurs in salflibc.dll when RegCreateKeyEx is called from a Salford function.
RegCreateKeyEx is a system function located in advapi32.dll.

In this particular situation, a value in the Registry, in the section HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSalford SoftwarePlato3, is being set.

I cannot see anything wrong with the code at this point and this function has been in constant use for a long time.

If there was something wrong with the call to RegCreateKeyEx then it would normally return with an error condition. It would not raise an exception. If you are happy to run Regedit (left click on the Start button, select Run and type Regedit) then you can find HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSalford SoftwarePlato3 and delete the whole of the section. However, I have no reason to think that this will help.

At the moment I can think of only two other possible reasons for the problem. Either salflibc.dll or advapi32.dll has been corrupted in some way. I guess you have already tried re-installing FTN95 (thus restoring salflibc.dll).

You may be able to get a copy of advapi32.dll from another machine with the same version of the operating system, otherwise it will be necessary to restore the operating system, perhaps by getting a service pack from the Microsoft Upgrade Center on the internet.

However, I cannot say that I am confident about any of this.

PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

Another possibility is that there is a old copy of salflibc.dll that is being used by mistake.
The Salford utility Saldiag.exe can be used to test for this.
You will find it in the Salford compiler folder (usually C:Program FilesSalford SoftwareFTN95).
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Access violation : what's that ? Reply with quote

I have reinstalled FTN95 again.
I have deleted the whole of the section of HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSalford SoftwarePlato3 and apparently the compiler is going well now.

I thank you very much, Paul, for helping me.

Kitts (France)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: