forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IsWow64Process not found in KERNEL32.DLL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: IsWow64Process not found in KERNEL32.DLL Reply with quote

Dr. Kruck ( info@gip-aalen.de ) runs FTN95 v4.8, and now 4.9. He reports a problem with his OpenGL programs: on a few PC systems they doen't work because of an error "entry IsWow64Process not found in KERNEL32.DLL". He thinks that IsWow64Process() is called in the SALFLIBC.dll. IsWow64Process() is a WinAPI function that requires WinXP or Win2003. However OpenGL program compiled with FTN95 should work on older Windows systems also, shouldn't they? Please let me or Dr. Kruck ( info@gip-aalen.de ) know what to do. Thank you.

Kind regards

Joerg Kuthe
admin@qtsoftware.de
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: IsWow64Process not found in KERNEL32.DLL Reply with quote

Joerg

I have checked our code and can find no direct call to IsWow64Process.
I will make further enquiries but it looks like the cause of the problem must lie elsewhere.
Is the problem solved by using earlier versions of FTN95 or OpenGL?

Regards

Paul
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: IsWow64Process not found in KERNEL32.DLL Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

it appears to me that old versions of FTN95 do not have this call
to IsWow64Process. I checked some installations I found on a few old
PCs I still have and found that IsWow64Process is not included in v3.40,
but I found it in v4.60 and later (I scanned salflibc.dll for the occurrence
of IsWow64Process).
Dr. Kruck says that some of his customers cannot use his programs because of
this call which causes his programs to stop. Please help.

Regards,

Joerg
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: IsWow64Process not found in KERNEL32.DLL Reply with quote

Joerg

I have checked this for you. FTN95 and salflibc.dll do not make any calls to IsWow64Process.
The problem must be caused by a third party DLL that is used by the executable.

The only way that I can investigate this further for you is if you can get Dr Kruck to supply a working version that exhibits the problem. It is sometimes possible to read the binary form of a DLL or its stub library to see if it uses a given function.

With best wishes,

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: