forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When disk space is insufficient, Plato3 loses program text

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: When disk space is insufficient, Plato3 loses program text Reply with quote

Our students who keep their work on network drives have been reporting problems when, while adding to their program text in Plato3.20, they reach a point where there is insufficient disk space to save/compile program text.

When I tried reproducing this using a floppy drive for convenience, I observed the following. If I keep on adding text to the program file and simply saving, without compiling, it *appears* to keep on saving the file and I can see the whole file in the editor but if I close the file and then reopen it I find that lines at the bottom of the file have disappeared.

If I compile the program as I add small amounts of text to it (I was simply inserting blocks of comments at the beginning) then a point comes when, the compiler reports that there is not sufficient disk space. However, there is something else that occurs if more text is added. If I add a sufficiently large amount of text then what happens is that although the screen shows the entire source, the compiler reports compilation errors as if lines at the bottom of the file were missing. What you see is not what you compile! This is the problem someone would encounter if, instead of recompiling after every small addition, they added a sufficient amount of program text and then recompiled.

Zahid Aziz
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: When disk space is insufficient, Plato3 loses program text Reply with quote

Zahid

Thanks for this. It should be a fairly simple matter to fix the problem.

Paul
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: When disk space is insufficient, Plato3 loses program text Reply with quote

Zahid

This bug has now been fixed.

Regards

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: