forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Transition from G77 to FTN95 (Newbie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesHathcock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Help! Transition from G77 to FTN95 (Newbie) Reply with quote

I have lots of code written with G77 (GNU), but have one module I need to add that is written in F90. I thought FTN95 would be a great way to do this. Currently many of my subroutines are in seperate *.FOR files; I have the *.FOR code and the G77-compiled *.OBJ files.

1: In G77, the compiler automatically searched all the object files (*.OBJ) in the currect directory for subroutines called for by the main program I was trying to compile. FTN95 does not appear to do this, or at least not so simply. In FTN95, can I have some files containing only subroutines in them and then call from the main program?

THANKS!!!!!

James
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Help! Transition from G77 to FTN95 (Newbie) Reply with quote

You can use wild cards on the command line. For example:

ftn95 *.for /check

To link the object files together you will need to issue a slink command. The easiest way is to use an input file. For example to link three objects together you could create a file called link3.inf:

Code:

lo file1
lo file2
lo file3
file myexe

and then use:

slink link3.inf

Slink is documented in the online help in Win32 platform->Using the linker.

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Help! Transition from G77 to FTN95 (Newbie) Reply with quote

Thanks very much. It's Working!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: