forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winspool.lib (porting woe #5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JugoslavDujic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Winspool.lib (porting woe #5) Reply with quote

OK, the port finally compiles and now I'm resolving linker problems.

I'm using few APIs from Winspool.lib (OpenPrinterA, ClosePrinter, DocumentPropertiesA) but I can't find the way to make the linker happy. Winspool.lib is import library for (AFAIK) Winspool.drv. I'm building Win32 dll from VS.NET environment, and on adding

-addobj:Winspool.lib

Linker complains that it cannot find "Winspool.lib". OTOH, If I add:

-addobj:"C:Program files...Winspool.lib"

it complains about

*** Corrupt coff object: WINSPOOL.DRV

I'm having similar issues with Ole32.lib (CoInitialize, CoTaskMemFree). /IMPORT_LIB compiler switch doesn't help either.

--
Jugoslav
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Winspool.lib (porting woe #5) Reply with quote

Jugoslav

From memory, you will need header information for compiling (as in win32api.ins etc). /IMPORT_LIB is not relevant. No special compiler switches are required.

When linking, try presenting the the name of the DLL (nothing before it) on the SLINK command line.
In a script or interactive mode just use lo <DLLname>.

If this doesn't work then let me know. Alternatively the SLINK documentation is very comprehensive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: