forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New project setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colt1954

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: New project setup Reply with quote

New to Plato why when you have set up a PROJECT1 say is a given core directory e.g. FTN95 it doe not let you create another one say PROJECT2 in the same directory?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each primary folder has a set of sub-folders for the different builds (release, debug, checkmate). If you had more than one project in the primary folder then the content of the sub-folders would be mixed up.
colt1954

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Plato Projects Reply with quote

I think I understand. But surely if I want more than one project based programme what do i do? I guess to I create subdirectories from FTN95 main directory???
brucebowler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each project needs to go in it's own folder/directory/whatever. NONE of those folders need to be, nor probably should they be, in or under the FTN95 directory.

Think about what might happen to the ftn95 directory when you upgrade the compiler to the next version...

Bruce
colt1954

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Folder/paths Reply with quote

Hi again,

I have now created a seperate folder for my projects - but when I try to compile and link it does not recognise FTN95.exe command in the batch file I'm using ok I could specify a path to the root FTN95 directory but do I really need to? because on my personal PC (the other PC is my works one) i am using the same batch file to compile the exact same files with the 'exact' same directory set ups and it runs fine .....

Why is this I cannot see any obvious differences???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: