forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Property sheet syntax limitations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Property sheet syntax limitations Reply with quote

Just posted this in the Support forum and then realised it was in the wrong place. Sorry Paul.

Been a while since I had call to use %sh and %ps but it happened today. Thought I had a really elegant solution till I came to code it and then found I had shot myself in the foot ...

Once the property sheet children have been set up using a series of %sh controls, they have to be activated using a %ps control, the syntax for which is:

Code:
i = winio@ ('%Nps', h1, h2, ... , hN)

where h1 ... hN are the handles of the individual children. Now there's nothing to stop a program using a loop to set up a family of children, the size of which is not known until run-time, but the %ps syntax prevents them from being activated elegantly because the handles have to be enumerated explicitly.

One of the joys of using ClearWin+ is discovering that the syntax is powerful enough to accommodate occasional "I wonder if ...?" imagination, on the basis of which I tried the following:

Code:
do j = 1, n
i = winio@ ('%sh', h (j))
end do
i = winio@ ('%*ps', n, (h (j), j = 1, n))

but alas, on this occasion my imagination appears to have defeated the compiler, which issues me with error 571 - ',' found where ')' was expected.

Can I suggest that the %ps control could usefully be developed to accommodate the more flexible syntax above? Fortunately, I can work around the limitation in the code I am currently working on, where the number of children, though variable, is always going to be small enough to allow me to select a specific line of Clearwin+ code from a menu of hard-coded alternatives:

Code:
if (n .eq. 2) then
  i = winio@ ('%*ps', 2, h (1), h (2))
else if (n .eq. 3) then
  i = winio@ ('%*ps', 3, h (1), h (2), h (3))
else ...
else if (n .eq. nmax) then
  i = winio@ ('%*ps', nmax, h (1), h (2), h (3), ... , h (nmax))
end if

But really, bleurgh ...
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my reply under "Support".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: