forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Binary (Stream) Files (porting woe #2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JugoslavDujic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Binary (Stream) Files (porting woe #2) Reply with quote

I'm porting my Xeffort GUI library (www.xeffort.com) from Visual Fortran to FTN95 (among other compilers). The code uses a lot of "smart" non-standard tricks (since VF has pretty much full capabilites of C language) and I'm trying to find out how to find equivalent constructs in FTN95.

The part on saving the bitmap into a .bmp file used OPEN(FORM="BINARY") extension of Visual Fortran (equivalent of F2003 "STREAM"). I don't see it supported in FTN95 in either form. The call in question is

[pre]
OPEN(251, file = sFileName, ACTION = 'WRITE', ACCESS = 'SEQUENTIAL', STATUS = 'UNKNOWN', &
FORM = 'BINARY', IOSTAT = iErr)
IF (iErr.NE.0) RETURN
WRITE(251, IOSTAT = iErr) hdr, &
bmInfo(1: SIZE(TRANSFER(BI%bmiHeader, bmBits))+ nColorTable*RGBQUAD_SIZE), &
bmBits
CLOSE(251)
XSaveBitmap = iErr.EQ.0
[/pre]Well, I can rewrite it using CreateFile/WriteFile API, but I'd like to hear if there's a simpler solution.

(Btw, SIZE(TRANSFER(...)) is ugly replacement for lack of SIZEOF intrinsic... grrrr...

--
Jugoslav
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Binary (Stream) Files (porting woe #2) Reply with quote

Jugoslav

You could try READF@.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: