forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to create a stand-along application (.exe) without having to keep salflibc.dll in the same directory?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: How to create a stand-along application (.exe) without havin Reply with quote

Greetings. A general question about developing software with Salford...

I have a set of programs that run visual demos based upon ClearWin.
If I try to run them on a computer that does not have the Salford FTN95
compiler installed, the compiled and linked executable (.exe) file is not
enough. I also need to copy the file salflibc.dll in the same directory as
the (.exe) file.

How do I go about turning my working Fortrtan program into a true,
independent application that will run as software on any Windows
computer?

Am I free to distribute the executable code any way I like as my own
software package?

Any help will be greatly appreciated?

Ludwig
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: How to create a stand-along application (.exe) without havin Reply with quote

When you distribute your executable you must also distribute salflibc.dll. There is currently no alternative method. You can freely distribute both but, if you have a personal edition of FTN95, you must not do this for profit.

When installed, salflibc.dll can reside in the same folder as your executable or, alternatively, any folder that is on the PATH environment variable. Typically DLLs are placed in C:WINDOWSSYSTEM (or SYSTEM32) or their equivalents on other operating systems. These details are usually handled by the installation utility that you are using.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: How to create a stand-along application (.exe) without havin Reply with quote

Executable file: very old question. So old, that finally almost nobody cares Smile When we install some complex application, do we care about tens of directories and hundreds of files it comes with? So, do we care now about just ONE library file needed to run Salford application?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: