forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 Link 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Link 3 Reply with quote

Andrew: The subroutine listed below is a very simple Fixed Fortran program running under Windows 7, 64 bit. It experiences the same problems that I have been having since I loaded the Op sys. It runs fine under Win XP, Win7 32 bit but fails under Win 7 64 bit. I have listed the errors that I get. Please review, let me know. Thanks, Sid Kraft

The Routine follows:

ans2 = 3.4
ans3 = 6.897
ans1 = sqrt(ans2**2 + ans3**2)
write(6,100) ans1, ans2, ans3
100 format(1x,3f12.4)
end

The answers I get are(under output):
00538 dfe rep
00538 dff movsb

Compilation Completed with no errors

The answers I get with the "build" command are:
Linking

** Could not open C:\Fortest\checkmate\Fortest.obj

P.S. routine save under the name Fortest
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried FTN95 5.50? It has specific fixes for Windows 7 64-bit
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Win 7 Problems Still Reply with quote

Hi Andrew: I tried to download the New Fortran from the site that you gave me, vers. 5.5, still experiencing problems wit compiling and linking under Win 7, 64 bit. Get no .obj output, even though compiler says no errors, and also, when linking, get the error "target doesn't exist", makes sense as no .obj file. Is your recommendation to re-load Win 7 using 32 bit code? sure seems like a shame if it cannot support Win 7, 64 bit. Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try testing from a command prompt window.

Write a "Hello World" Fortran program and save it as test.f90 say.

From a command prompt window (DOS box) go to the folder that holds this file and type

FTN95 test.f90

Now use the command DIR to see if test.obj has been created in this folder.
stfark1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Win 7, 64 bit Try 5 Reply with quote

Andrew: I currently am running Win XP, SP3 on one hard disk and Win 7, 64 bit on another hard disk, same computer. By intercepting the BIOS, I can boot from either disk. I have been having trouble running SilverFrost Fortran from the Win 7, 64 bit side. I took your advise and downloaded the fortran module, vers. 5.5, which overwrote the fortran vers 5.4 system that I had been running. The vers. 5.5 system compiled and re-built all of my fortran routines, linked succesfully under both systems. Now when I execute the module, on either system, the program goes into an immediate completion without executing any of the module instructions. When I removed the vers. 5.5 fortran and downloaded and installed vers. 5.4, all ran successfully again. From my perspective, at least on what I can assume based on my experiences with the several different approaches I have taken, there are very serious problems with SilverFrost fortran in executing on the Win 7, 64 bit OS. I have concluded that I can either continue running the vers. 5.4 system on Win XP, or try loading Win 7, 32 bit and executing this way. Win 7, 64 bit, seems to be a no no if one does not want to have bad experiences. Any comments from the forum will be very much appreciated. By the way, my program is not trivial, it uses 30+ fixed fortran subroutines, upwards of 30,000+ fortran statements in many of the subroutines, is used to mathematically "fit" a general surface for airfoils, automobiles, etc., runs super on Win XP, SP3 but fails miserably on Win 7, 64 bit. Sid Kraft, an interested user.
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Win 7, 32 bit compiler Reply with quote

Hi Again Andrew: Haven't heard anything on my responses for Win 7, 64 bit. I assume that this Op Sys in now on the "non supported" list for SilverFrost Fortran. I am wondering if anybody in the forum has used the SilverFrost compiler with Win 7, 32 bit? and is worth loading this Op Sys? Please, anybody, let me know. Thanks, Sid Kraft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: