forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with a reference to a STATIC LIBRARY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Problems with a reference to a STATIC LIBRARY Reply with quote

Hi !

I am working with a quite old bunch of routines (three), whose author explains, that the way to use them correctly is creating a static library, with them and reference to it from the main program. I have been using Compaq visual fortran quite well for a long time, and I decided to move to FTN95 and Plato3, recommended by a friend, the problem is that once I have created two projects: one to create the static library, and in the other project, the source file will be the main program, and in 'references' I add a reference to the file created by the first project: 'mylibrary.lib'. This works perfectly well in the compaq compiler. But in the FTN95 case, after compiling and linking, It crashes every time I call to a subroutine of the library. Even when I use the main program created by the author as a simple example of the usage of his routines. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

ibon bustinduy
http://158.227.6.118:8080/Ibon/
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Problems with a reference to a STATIC LIBRARY Reply with quote

The developer responsible for Plato 3 has sent this reply:

You can create a static library in one project by using the "Set target" dialog that you get in the Project menu.

You can create an executable in another project and used the "References" to link to the static library created in the first project.

Note that each project requires its own root directory otherwise the object files end up in the same place.

In any case Plato3 should complain if you try to put two project files in the same folder.

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: