forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP style to dialogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Adding WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP style to dialogs Reply with quote

It would be nice if the WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP could be added as a %ww option. Actually, it would be nice if we could have a more general feature to set the style & extended style via clearwin without having to resort to the winapi (although it's not really much of a drama!).
Alna
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a simple matter to add the style to %ww with the effect of producing a ? in the top right corner of the dialog box (the mouse would change when you click on the ?) but are you asking for the tooltips as well or would you be able to provide them? That part would need some thought.
acw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul. I was just thinking of setting the exstyle. For my part I'm handling the WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_CONTEXTHELP message and bringing up the help directly when ? is hit.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do the job properly I think that I would need to use the help information provided by the ? format modifier in order to produce tooltips automatically.

I will add this to the wish list and see what I can do.
acw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Although quite a few pieces of software just use the ? to bring up context sensitive help for the dialog (like hitting f1) rather than all that "point at the control you want info about" stuff (the Visual Studio Options dialog for example). Mind you there are so many extended styles that it's not practical to add them all which is why I wondered whether it would be easy to add the ability to set the style/extended style from a winio parameter or such like. Anyway, thanks for the info.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out that we already have this with %`th.
I can also add a Microsoft style tooltip but I need to work out the best way to do this.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

%`th[ms_style] is currently accepted but the ms_style has no effect when used with the grave accent.

For the next release I have implemented %`th[ms_style]. It provides the ? box in the top right corner of the window and this responds in the standard Microsoft manner using the help string for each control where they are provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: