forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%ib Toolbar tooltip style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: %ib Toolbar tooltip style Reply with quote

I have a %ib toolbar - when using this in Vista, the bubble-style tooltips have a black background around the arrow section which doesn't look very good. Is there a way I can persuade it to use the normal windows tooltips, or remove the black bits?

Thanks,
Alan
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a small sample program please.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,

Does it happen with [ms_style] (see under %di)?

Eddie
acw

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not - it just has the heebie geebies when you add ms_style to %ib Crying or Very sad
acw

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that when running in Vista's Basic rather than Aero mode, the flyout background is okay. Looks like the it's grabbing a bitmap of the area underneath itself to generate it's background and is having issues with aero's fancy window layering.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised by the "fancy window layering" being something of a lash-up. A few days ago I tried to load Word 2007 on a machine that was labouring under an update and had slowed to a crawl, only to discover that under the "Office button" etc lies a rather standard Window, with the fancy stuff simply drawn on top. From what you say, Aero is also "drawn on top".

Can't you arrange your toolbar design so that the bubble help appears over something uncomplicated (e.g. by using an appropriately deep %bx)?

You mentioned the "arrow section" on "bubble-style". This suggests that you are using %`bh. I found that I didn't like the thick border with this, and I prefer %th or %`th. Do they give you a better effect? (%`bh puts the bubble-and-spike much further away from the toolbar icon, %th is closer, so that your mouse pointer effectively provides the "spike"). When using %th help strings, I find that I prefer them to start and end with a blank. I also find that %?ib@ gives me trouble that %ib followed by options and then help strings doesn't, whereas %?tb@ works fine (FTN95 4.90).

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: