forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95? Reply with quote

I want to download the Personal Edition of FTN95. But I have tried the URLs followed:
http://www.silverfrost.com/32/ftn95/ftn95_personal_edition.asp
http://www.silverfrost.com/public_downloads/4.70/ftn95_personal.exe
But they can't work.
Who can tell me where to download it?
Thank you very much!

Carolyn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95? Reply with quote

Kevin

I have just tried the first link and it does take you to the correct page - at the end of the first paragraph it says "You can download FTN95 Personal Edition (FTN95PE) version 4.80 here" - click on the "here" and you will be taken to the Salford Software download page from where you can download the free personal edition.

Your second link is slightly out of date in that the current version of the compiler is 4.80. If you change the "4.70" in your link to "4.80" it should work.

Carolyn
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95? Reply with quote

Neutral I have tried both these links. Neither works. The first requires that you fill out a form, giving your info. After you do a new window comes up saying you are ready to download, but then no download happens. It aborts after a short delay.

The second method, substituting 4.80, allows download of a seeming correct 24 MB file (takes 3 hours on dialup). When run the downloaded file, FTN95 personal, just installs a short program "MyAlert" which has no fortran compiler.

chrishiker
Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95? Reply with quote

I have just tried both of these methods, using Firefox and Internet Explorer and both work fine. WHat browser/version are you using?

For information the exact file size of the download is:

25,349,120 bytes

and the MD5 sum of the file is:

9e05e5908434f89874a1ad906371657e
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95? Reply with quote

I, too, would like to download the Personal Edition, but get "The page cannot be displayed" messages. Is something wrong?
Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Where to download the Personal Edition of FTN95? Reply with quote

Try:
http://www.silverfrost.com/public_downloads/4.80/ftn95_personal.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: