forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISO_VARYING_STRING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CompuPayMike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: ISO_VARYING_STRING Reply with quote

In the help file under .NET string. You comment that it is like TYPE(ISO_VARYING_STRING). I did not find any other referene to this type in the help file. I did do some searching and came across an ISO standard for ISO_VARYING_TYPE. The document listed methods in the module that do various string manipulations. Is this supported or are their plans to support it in the future.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find the code for ISO_VARYING_STRING at http://www.fortran.com/iso_varying_string.f95

Details about whether or not it is in the 2003 standard can be found at http://coding.derkeiler.com/Archive/Fortran/comp.lang.fortran/2005-08/msg00112.html

We have no plans to add this to FTN95 at the moment but I guess you could copy the code from the first reference above and use it directly.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to compile the code mentioned above using FTN95 and it fails to compile. At first sight I cannot see why the offending line could be expected to work (maybe it needs the 2003 standard).

There may be a simple work-around but I do not have the time to investigate this at the moment.
CompuPayMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: ISO_VARYING_STRING Reply with quote

Will their be support for dynamic strings in FTN95 without having to use .NET?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we have no plans to support dynamic strings at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: