forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Variable Watch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Variable Watch Reply with quote

I am using Plato3. When I display certain variables outside of my current program window and re-start the debugger, I first receive values for all "watched" variables that say unknown values, which is expected until I get into the subroutine where the variables are defined. However, once I go to the subroutine where the variables are, the variable lists vanish! Is this the way the program is supposed to work? it is very work intensive to re instate all variables to be watched. I would think that once the variable lists are established, they would still be displayed without re defining once the debugger is re-started, not stopped and then started again. Please reply. Thanks, Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be looking at an automatic "watch" window for local variables.
Perhaps you need to be using your own "watch" (right click on the variable in the code, I think) which will be more permanent.
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: variable watch Reply with quote

Paul: I did define the watch by specifying the variables in the window and "right clicked" on the add variable item. The system provides the variable watch windows but when I re-start the debugger, the variable windows vanish?? Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the debugger (SDBG) does not remember your "watch" variables from one run to another. You can, however, restart the program without exiting from SDBG by selecting from the main "Run" menu.
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: variable "watch" Reply with quote

Hi Again Paul: I did select re-start from the debug "run" menu, still lose the variable "watch" windows, guess there is no way to keep the watch windows open when you re-start, Sid Kraft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: