forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting rid of the Personal Version message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivorpeksa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Getting rid of the Personal Version message Reply with quote

Hi,

I am a registered/licensed user, and after a system crash, have had to reinstall Windows, and all of the FTN95 software. I took this as an opportunity to use the latest version. I am now getting Personal Version/unlicensed message coming up.

How do I get rid of this message - no response as yet from my e-mail to Silverfrost, so if anyone on here has a tip it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ivor
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but you will have to get Silverfrost to recreate your licence for you.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivor,

Reinstall FTN95 from your original CD, or from the files you downloaded when you got your licence, and re-input your original license info when it asks for it. That will probably make the message go away. Unless you specifically need facilities in a later version of the compiler (consult bug fix list on the website here), being one or two releases back doesn't hurt.

You can, if necessary, use the Personal Edition salflibc.dll with a licensed compiler without causing the message to come up, which means that you do get the benefit of some bug fixes! The later versions of ftn95.chm (the online helpfile) are much larger, generally nicer and more accurate than obsolete ones. Hence it might possibly be worth saving those files from the appropriate folder and copy them back after the install is done.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: