forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReInstalling Fortran 95 V40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: ReInstalling Fortran 95 V40 Reply with quote

I have a Fortran 95 verion 40. I needed to install this onto a computer as it was reformatted and upgraded from Window 2000 Pro to XP Pro.

I think I installed .NET Framework 1.1 and also followed through the installer on the Fortran 95 CD. I don't have Visual Studio.

In order to test if it is working, I type FTN95 on a dos prompt. However, it said "authorisation failed" on ftn95.ser
I don't see any ftn95.ser under the FTN95 directory. Why?

I removed and re-installed a few times. Other errors I got includes asking for ftn90.dll or salflibc.dll when I tried to run a fortran program.

Please help. Thank you!

Daniel Chan
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: ReInstalling Fortran 95 V40 Reply with quote

The ftn95.ser file is created when you install FTN95 from a full installation. This involves typing in your authorisation information. Did you do ths or just install the most recent update you had?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: ReInstalling Fortran 95 V40 Reply with quote

I went through typing the authorisation information, but the SER file did not seem to have generated.

I copied the SER file from my back up computer and FTN95 is working again.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: