forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

c style preprocessor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LGF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: c style preprocessor Reply with quote

Hi

I've just downloaded the personal evaluation version of ftn95 and tested it by trying to compile legacy code which has c-style pre-processor statements. It appears that these statements are interpreted corrected for free format source files but not for fixed format source files i.e. the compiler complains that the first column is occupied by a non numeric character. If the c-style ifdef statement is modified to start at column 7, then it is interpreted correctly. However, if gcc is then used to pre-process source when the statement begins at column 7, the statement is ignored.

Based on this, I think the c-style pre-processor ifdef statement may be implemented incorrectly for fixed format source i.e. the compiler should not complain about the first column being a non numeric character when this character is meant for the pre-processor.

The current work around is to use gcc under cygwin with the -E -P flags to pre-process all the source before invoking the ftn95 compiler.

Best regards
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we could peobably do this quite easily but not in time for the next release.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-style preprocessing directives can now appear in the fixed format label field except for #include which must start in column 7 or after.

This change will not be included in version 5.21 - the next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: