forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trapping of run time errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: trapping of run time errors Reply with quote

Dear support

I have noticed that in many instances, run time errors due to (for instance) unassigned variables no longer raise a message box. This is shown even by the following trivial program

program main
real :: a,b

b = sqrt(a)
write(*,*) b
end

When just compiled with /link/debug it returns 0.0, so obviously the unassigned variable a has been initialised. But with /link/full_undef/debug
it just stops (with a warning noise from Windows).
Is there a flag to get back to the old behaviour, which makes it so much easier to debug code ?

I am using version 5.10 at the moment because of problems with 5.20 but I can't recall reading that anything to do with this has been changed.

Regards
Louis Farrugia
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis

It will take a little while to check out all of the details but here are my initial thoughts.

You need /undef or its equivalent to get a runtime message that "a" has not been assigned. I get the message when using /lgo and when using /link and then running via SDBG. This particular program also generates a compile time warning when compiling with FTN95.

I also get a beep and termination when I just run the program but at the moment I do not know if this marks a regression or a bug in salflibc.dll (also I am not using the current release of this DLL). I will look into this as soon as I can.

There is a patch for FTN95 (version 5.20.1) available and a new release will be out very soon. But the questions raised here relate more to salflibc.dll since this gives you the runtime response for undef etc.

Paul
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bug has now been fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: