forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfitts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

I just downloaded the personal edition to try mixed programming with C# under .net., and I can't get any Fortran files to compile - even in a simple Fortran-only project. I get this error message every time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but still get this:

fatal 1129 - Unable to communicate with the .NET subsystem

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Charlie Fitts
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

What version of the framework SDK do you have installed?
cfitts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

I have installed MS Visual Studio.NET 2003, which is MS Development environment version 7.1.3088 and MS .NET Framework 1.1.4322. I understand that the SDK is installed with Visual Studio.NET 2003. Here are some relevant facts:

1) before installing any of the .net stuff, I used Compaq Visual Fortran and it worked fine.
2) I then installed Visual Studio.NET 2003 and began working with c# - that worked fine.
3) I downloaded and installed Salford Ftn95 .Net, and it appeared OK, but would not compile, giving the error message in my original post.
4) I uninstalled Salford Ftn95, uninstalled Compaq Visual Fortran, and reinstalled Salford Ftn95, and still have the problem.

Thanks for putting some thought into this.

- Charlie
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Charlie

FTN95 has a .NET assembly in the GAC called ftn95lib.dll and it could either be referring to a problem with that file or one it references. Does the most trivial exmple compiled with /clr also fail?

i.e. create a 3 line program called f.90 and do

ftn95 f.f90 /clr /link

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Hi,

I did exactly the same thing, and got exactly the same error.

BTW: I have previously also had Lahey/Fujitsu and Intel Fortran compilers installed. Maybe that is causing problems.

Also very strange that you have not received any answers to your question. Not a good sign...
torbjoen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Sorry, I did't see the replies because of the default settings of this forum was set to "Normal" (and all replies were hidden).
torbjoen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

I am not a Fortran programmer, so what is "the most trivial exmple"?

And where is the /clr and /link option set?

I am working with Visual Studio .NET 2003.
torbjoen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

I am not a Fortran programmer, so what is "the most trivial exmple"?

And where is the /clr and /link option set?

I am working with Visual Studio .NET 2003.
cfitts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment, Torbjorn. For now, I'm off of this problem, and actually thinking I will do all this project in C#, since I found at least two nice math libraries for C# that implement all I need for my computations, and will probably be faster since I won't have to do so much array copying to go between Fortran and C# (Fortran stores 2D arrays in row-major order, and C# does it in column-major order). Thanks again.

Charlie
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

We need to eliminate Visual Studio from the problem. Can you try:

1. Create a simple FTN95 program call test.f95 (three line hello world type), put it in your "My Documents" folder.
2. Open a command prompt and use the 'cd' command to move to your "My Documents" folder
3. Once there type:

FTN95 test.f95 /clr /link

And note any messages.
torbjoen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for replying!

This worked fine. Here is the output of the command prompt:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:Documents and SettingstorengMy Documents>FTN95 test.f95 /clr /link
[FTN95/.net Ver. 4.8.0 Copyright (C) Salford Software Ltd 1993-2005]
NO ERRORS [<HELLO> FTN95/.NET v4.8.0]
Assembly file test.EXE produced

C:Documents and SettingstorengMy Documents>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When running the application, "Hello World" is printed to the console.

Thanks,
Torbjørn

PS! I have re-installed the trial version of the Lahey/Fujitsu Fortran compiler
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

That is interesting because it suggests that there is not anything explicitly wrong with your setup. I will try and investigate further.
torbjoen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Fortran compiler can'd find .NET subsystem Reply with quote

Thanks,

I suspect that the Lahey compiler is part of the trouble. A partner has the Intel Fortran compiler installed, and after installing Lahey he has had trouble with his Intel compiler. Even after he uninstalled the Lahey compiler, parts of it "remains" in Visual Studio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: