forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

side by side SDBG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstott

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: side by side SDBG Reply with quote

I use FTN95 4.9.0 under Windows XP, and I have dual monitors (as supported by standard Windows). I write programs that run in an application window produced by Clearwin or Winteracter.

In either case, when I debug, the SDBG window always comes up on Monitor 1. The application window itself can be dragged to Monitor 2, making for a perfect debugging session. However, my problem arises because when the SDBG window is dragged elsewhere on Monitor 1 or on to Monitor 2, it always leaves an immovable copy of itself in its original position on Monitor 1.

This makes it impossible to conduct a side-by-side debugging session (i.e. debugging two independent programs at the same time and stepping through them successively). SDBG seems to have no problems running two instances at a time. However, I can never manage to see both SDBG windows or their respective application windows.

Is this an inherent limitation, or is there a work-around? Thanks.
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The application window itself can be dragged to Monitor 2, making for a perfect debugging session. However, my problem arises because when the SDBG window is dragged elsewhere on Monitor 1 or on to Monitor 2, it always leaves an immovable copy of itself in its original position on Monitor 1.

I am not sure what you mean by this, the sdbg window can be dragged anywhere. The application window can b a little trickier because it can only really be dragged when the program is running (i.e. not paused).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: