forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VS 2005 Solution Explorer sort & individual compile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgmchenry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: VS 2005 Solution Explorer sort & individual compile Reply with quote

2 questions:

1) In the Solution Explorer, when working with FTN, the source files do not sort alphabetically. Is this a function of the FTN plug-in or VS 2005?

2) Is there a command to allow compiling individual routines in a solution? a 'compile this source routine only'? This doesn't appear in the options for either VS 2005 or FTN.

These may be VS2005 issues rather than FTN.

Working in VS 2003 and before (with other ccompiler plugins) these both appeared to be default and so I'd like the same behavior with VS 2005.

Thanks
Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of these things will be looked into. The first issue has never been implemented and for the second, it should be possible to right click a file and 'compile', however this appears to be broken.
acw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the easiest way to sort the VS Solution Explorer is to edit the .ftn95p project file in a text editor: there's a block of data for each source file and these can be re-ordered manually - the order they appear in the file is the same as the order in VS.
Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These issues have both been fixed, that is:

- all files lists are now sorted alphabetcially
- individual file compile fixed

This will be available in the next release of the Visual Studio plugin (probably with the next release of FTN95)
acw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this sorting apply all the time, or just when you add a new item ? I have specifically ordered the items in my project into two groups (common "library" files and project-specific files) - if they are automatically re-ordered it's going to muck all this up Crying or Very sad

If it does re-order, could we have an option to prevent it happening (even if it's just a registry setting), or even better, is there any chance of being able to add "Folders" within the FTN95 project (or filters I think they're called in VS2005) to enable code to be organised cleanly within solution explorer - C++ projects let you do this.

Cheers,
Alan
Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into both of these things and come up with something. The addition of user defined folders is large task and the best option may be a setting accessed via the folder node properties. I will keep this thread updated as to the outcome.
Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User defined folders have been added to Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 plugins. When a new project is created, Source and Include folders are created by the environment. These however, can be removed or renamed and user folders can be created anywhere in the project structure. Cut/copy/paste and dragging of files between folders has also been implemented.

As previously noted in the thread, individual file compile has also been fixed.

The new plugins will be available with the next release of FTN95 (5.2) which will be available in the very near future.

As can be inferred from above - FTN95 also has full support in Visual Studio 2008 as of 5.20.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: