forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTN77 and DEBUG in VISTA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinWest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: FTN77 and DEBUG in VISTA Reply with quote

The /DEBUG option seems to be ignored in VISTA. However if the program is compliled with /LINK and then SDBG program is run the debugging works fine. There is clearly a problem in getting the temporary file lgotemp@.exe transferred to the debugger when/LGO is used.

I have tried resetting the PATH and even using the FORTRAN 95 SDBG but this has no effect.

It is a shame that the /DEBUG doesnt work as all the rest of FTN77 is fine in Vista.

Martin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin

FTN77 is nolonger supported.

As far as I am aware everything that could be done with FTN77 can also be done with FTN95.

Regards

Paul
MartinWest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: FTN77 Reply with quote

Paul

I'm sure 99% of 77 can be switched over to 95. The major difference for me is no EQUIVALENCE which I use for dealing with very large 2D arrays and the nice flexible nature of 77 which is a more tolerant environment for development. There are also legacy reasons and after 30 years using it dare I say nostalgia reasons.

Martin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

Fortran 77 is a subset of Fortran 90/95 so any standard conforming Fortran 77 program should compile under FTN95. This includes EQUIVALENCE statements which are included in the 77 standard. Any failures can be reported as bugs in FTN95. Also FTN95 is designed to handle any non-standard features supported by FTN77. So if it runs under Win32 FTN77 it should also run under FTN95. DBOS FTN77 is less portable.

Regards

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: