forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: using windows Reply with quote

Hello there,

I am at it again and somehow I do not know head or tail any more.

What I want to do in my prog sounds simple, but I am totally confused.

(1) I want to install a window upfront, giving the program's name in the caption. I want this to stay on the screen while the prog is running

(2) While the prog is doing the initial procedure, I want to show a pic that is to close after some seconds.

(3) Then some windows should open, giving and asking for information, being closed when the user does press a button.

(4) I want small windows to show up, e.g. when some error occured to be closed by the user hitting an 'okay' button.

What I tried:

(a) boxes (%ob and %cb) but I did not find any means to close them and scratch them off the screen

(b) child windows (%`lw and %ch) but I found, I have to define the child before the mother and could not have child #2 opened after child #1 is closed (at least I found no way to do so)

(c) %fr and %aw, but this offset that is issued any time I open a child makes error messges moving across the screen, which I think a little bit ugly. Furthermore, I want to use the whole screen while I could not bring %fr to start the childwindow at the leftmost pixel of the screen.

The last resort that I can think of is to close all the windows that are open at any time I want my screen changed and set up the complete thing again. Is that the course of action ??

Anybody any ideas ??

Norbert
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: using windows Reply with quote

If you use %lw you should be able to keep the original window open while opening other windows.

For example:

integer i, windowControl
i = winio@("%ca[Main Window]%lw", windowControl)
[...]
i = winio@("My message%bt[OK]")
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: using windows Reply with quote

Yes, I know that %lw leaves window #1 open and then I could create window #2.

But if the user by mistake misses #2 and klicks into #1, this one gets in control and supercedes #2.

The topmost option may be suitable if you have only two windows, one background and one up front - but what if you want to display two windows in the same screen (as I do)?

Norbert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: