forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refreshing the screen after sdbg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerLampert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Refreshing the screen after sdbg Reply with quote

I am using some software written in C++ by someone else. They have used the code below to start a batch file (with a token 'EnTmpBase1') that contains my programs. I can run sdbg successfully within the batch file, but when I exit it, it closes and leaves a white rectangle where the window used to be. Behind this, the C++ is still running, but of course, I cannot see the interface or messages that it puts up as these are underneath the white rectangle. The screen does come back at completion of the program.

I presume that there must be a way to get the screen to refresh on exit from sdbg, but can anyone tell me what it is, please?

Thanks

Roger

The code used was:

CreateProcess(NULL, ”cycle.bat EnTmpBase1.db", NULL, NULL, FALSE, 0, NULL, NULL, &si, &pInfo); //Start the process

WaitForSingleObject(pInfo.hProcess, INFINITE); // Halt this program until child process finished

Where si and pInfo are such that:

STARTUPINFO si; //Structure for starting proc

PROCESS_INFORMATION pInfo; //Environment & run info

si.cb = sizeof(si);

si.lpReserved = NULL;

si.lpDesktop = NULL;

si.cbReserved2 = 0;

si.lpReserved2 = NULL;

si.dwFillAttribute = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;

si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;

si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOWMINIMIZED|SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE|SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE;

and pInfo is filled in by CreateProcess.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your description it is not obvious what is happening nor what you would like to do.

If the screen is not refreshing as it should then this will be evident when you force a refresh by dragging another application across the relevant area.

If you want to do a screen refresh under program control then one way is to use the API function GetDesktopWindow in conjuction with InvalidateRect.

Code:

include <windows.ins>
logical k
integer ih
ih=GetDesktopWindow()
k=InvalidateRect(ih, core4(0), 1)
RogerLampert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
We are trying to marry together our old optimisation software (a mixture of home-written and purchased software contained in a batch file) with a new interface, which is both an interface and a lot of maths/equations, the results of which are passed to the batch file in the form of a database. Thus we want to run the equations and pass the results to the optimisation routines in the batch file. When the batch file is finished, control should return to the interface program to do various other calculations.

The debugger is used within the batch file, but once it has finished I would like to be able to see the interface again as this posts messages about the progress of further modelling. I know that the interface is actually running as I can follow the progress from the various things appearing on the task bar but I cannot actually see it behind the remnants of the debugger window which does not go away. (This of course is the large white rectangle that I referred to. You can just see the edge of the interface around it, but clicking on it does not bring it to the foreground)

I don't really know how to use the code that you suggest. Maybe there should be some code inserted into the code for the interface to refresh the screen, rather than into my Fortran?

Roger
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that you get a copy of the Microsoft Spy application Spy++ and use it to identify the white window that you mention. If it is still there when you drag other applications over it then it must be a window rather than an unrefreshed part of the screen.

Also the "interface" should come to top anyway when you click on it.
Clearly something odd is happening and at the moment there is no apparent reason to put the fault down to FTN95/SDBG etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: