forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Output has changed since changing compilers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Output has changed since changing compilers Reply with quote

Hello Folks,
I've got limited experience with Fortran and have recently switched to using the Salford fortran in windows. I'm working on some finite difference modelling and my computer code deals with very large arrays. The code was originally written in fortran 90 using the Absoft pro compiler.

The code generates output files and stores them as a data file with each row of the 2-dimensional array being saved as one line in the resulting data file. In absoft this worked perfectly and post-processing the results was really easy. Since changing to the salford compiler I've found that the data file doesn't come out in the same format which has completely screwed up my post-processing software. I have grown quite fond of the Salford compiler and don't want to have to go back to using Absoft but I can't work out where I'm going wrong.

If I compile the current version of my code in Absoft it runs perfectly; the salford compiler seems to jumble up the data stored in the results file.

Any advice would be appreciated
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Output has changed since changing compilers Reply with quote

If you use was is called list-directed output then the form of the output will be compiler dependent. The order of the results must be the same but the results may appear in a different column arrangement for different compilers.

This being the case, you can use formatted output instead of list-directed output to get tidier results.
This means that you specify in your code how the results are to be laid out in columns in your output file.

For details you will need to consult a book or tutorial on Fortran programming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: