forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Addresses in listing are not correct

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject: Addresses in listing are not correct Reply with quote

This is a portion of a listing where the address of the line of code are not changing. I have included the compilation options for reference and a short section of the code. All the indicated addresses for actual code are "AT 6A6". I could not maintain the formatting when I copied/pasted the segments; apologies.

Quote:
Silverfrost FTN95/x64 Ver 9.02.0.0 process_missing_configuration_file.FOR Fri Mar 1 07:52:10 2024

Compiler used [C:\Program Files (x86)\Silverfrost\FTN95\FTN95.exe]
Salflibc path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Silverfrost\FTN95\salflibc.dll]
Salflibc version [26.2.13.8]
Compiler options in effect:
64;BINARY;BOUNDS_CHECK;CFPP;DUMP;ERROR_NUMBERS;FPP;IGNORE;
IMPLICIT_NONE;LIST;NO_COMMENT;PERSIST;SAVE;UNLIMITED_ERRORS;WIDE_SOURCE;XREF;
ZEROISE;

Quote:
0058 config = ' ' ! clear out the config filename AT 6a6
0059 i = index(appfolder,'\',.true.) AT 6a6
0060 CONFIG_HELP = appfolder(1:i)//'Config_Edit.CHM' AT 6a6
0061 10000 continue AT 6a6
0062 is_dropped_file = 0 ! AT 6a6
0063 local_window_parameters%arbitrary_pointer = loc(is_dropped_file) AT 6a6
0064 call load_config_file_from_registry(failure) AT 6a6
0065 if(failure) then AT 6a6
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill

Thanks for the feedback.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I am not aware of your first quote source.
The paths and DLL info are a useful report.
Is this generated by FTN95 /list_info? or by your code ?

I keep many versions of FTN95 in c:\Program Files (x86)\Silverfrost\FTN95_x.xx. This includes some recent test versions, like 8.97, but not yet 9.02 !

I also use PLATO, which appears to mix the use of PATH and also the location of plato.exe. If I pin an old version of PLATO to the task bar, I appear to get unusual results, especially if .dll's are being mixed.

Your summary as a run-time report would be useful.
wahorger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I copied the header from the listing file. It gives the options specified; that might be important to Paul, et. al. I use /LIST when I compile.

I always get a listing file. I refer to it when there is a fault (winio@() generated because of something wrong, usually), or a real program fault (when there is an unknown crash). Without the address within the routine, I can't narrow down the issue. Normally, the listing file is of little use.

For /RELEASE this is the only option available to locate and fix some programming error, or identify a crash (i.e. underflow, divide by zero, ...). For some mistakes, a /CHECKMATE version will give the line number, but I have found that /CHECKMATE will conceal some errors that are evident only in /RELEASE. So, the listings are important..

They are so important that I save the listings when I make a formal release to my customers. Hundreds of megabytes that (hopefully) will never be used. And, they are sometimes!

I don't save past versions, other than one level. Too confusing for me. Since I am a commercial user, I keep up with the versions, recompile and retest my code each Silverfrost release. It takes some time and I delay some times if the fixes don't affect me directly. Once I finish testing, I know I've got the fixes, and my code has not been adversely impacted. Again, the listing files can come in handy!

Hope this answers your questions.
Bill
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using a listing for the 32-bit product and wanted to make a note to a previous comment of mine.

I do use the listings! Every release, I run a program I wrote that processes the listing information and produces a list of functions/subroutines and arguments (including the expected type) and puts the information into a spreadsheet format.

Especially for a function/subroutine with 10 or more arguments, some of which are TYPE's, this has been especially useful when writing new code using existing routines.

With over 400 functions/subroutines, some of which have similar names and very different arguments, this helps me keep things straight(er)!

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: