forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

False warning messages with /64 for a test file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mecej4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:08 pm    Post subject: False warning messages with /64 for a test file Reply with quote

The file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1KBWyuoeKUBpiR94i6m3LmUsKu1fJWz/view?usp=sharing is a cleaned-up version of file acdcc.f in the BVPTest package that may be downloaded from https://archimede.uniba.it/~bvpsolvers/testsetbvpsolvers/?page_id=27 .

Without /64, using the FTN95 8.97 compiler, the test file compiles with no warnings or errors. With /64, however, a number of spurious warnings are issued:

Code:
S:\ALGO\ODE\BVPTest\bvpTestSet\fortransrc\drivers>ftn95 /64 buggy.f
[FTN95/x64 Ver. 8.97.2 Copyright (c) Silverfrost Ltd 1993-2023]
    NO ERRORS  [<ACDCCD> FTN95 v8.97.2]
    NO ERRORS  [<ODEF> FTN95 v8.97.2]
    NO ERRORS  [<ODEJAC> FTN95 v8.97.2]
    NO ERRORS  [<GSUB> FTN95 v8.97.2]
    NO ERRORS  [<DGSUB> FTN95 v8.97.2]
    NO ERRORS  [<FNUMJAC> FTN95 v8.97.2]
    NO ERRORS  [<BCNUMJAC> FTN95 v8.97.2]
WARNING S:\ALGO\ODE\BVPTest\bvpTestSet\fortransrc\drivers\buggy.F 505:  In a call to APPREFSOL from another procedure, the sixth argument was of type REAL(KIND=2), it is now REAL(KIND=2)
WARNING S:\ALGO\ODE\BVPTest\bvpTestSet\fortransrc\drivers\buggy.F 505:  In a call to APPREFSOL from another procedure, the seventh argument was of type REAL(KIND=2), it is now REAL(KIND=2)
WARNING S:\ALGO\ODE\BVPTest\bvpTestSet\fortransrc\drivers\buggy.F 505:  In a call to APPREFSOL from another procedure, the 13th argument was of type REAL(KIND=2), it is now REAL(KIND=2)
WARNING S:\ALGO\ODE\BVPTest\bvpTestSet\fortransrc\drivers\buggy.F 505:  In a call to APPREFSOL from another procedure, the 15th argument was of type INTEGER(KIND=3), it is now INTEGER(KIND=3)
    NO ERRORS, 4 WARNINGS  [<APPREFSOL> FTN95 v8.97.2]

Note that in each of the four warnings, the "was" type and the "now" type are identical!
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mecej4

Thank you for the feeback. This false warning has now been removed for the next release of FTN95 (i.e. after v9.00).
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoughtr this "incorrect" warning was identified previously, as I have been getting this problem with Versions 8.9+.
It is certainly occuring with Ver 8.97.2, although I have forgotten what this intermediate .2 version is !

Will this be version 9.1, or provided in the Support forum ?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

I expect there will be a Forum update to v9.01.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: