forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opengl Extensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLEXPLAN3D,

Can you please comment is this a norm that

1) It takes substantial time ~10-20 seconds to load and plot 20-40 million polygons ?

2) The Video RAM my card uses is 24GB and i can not plot more than 40M polygons. Nothing is crashing or freezing program but you just get nothing plotted. It does not look like the 40M polygons takes a lot of video RAM. Actually this could be even less than 1 GB probably. I may not need to plot 40M polygons often, which is a lot, but it would be good not to worry permanently about hitting limits (number of particles sometimes reach 100s of millions, each needs at least one polygon, and soon typical will be billions) and get too slow plotting speed.

3) When switched from 3 generation prior videocard NVIDIA RTX 750 to NVIDIA RTX3090 i have not seen huge speed plotting boost despite 1-2 orders larger number of cores. Actually the speed almost not changed. The only seems changed is that i can get more polygons plotted because of 4x size of VideoRAM in new card. Was this lack of huge boost because of PCIe speed limits? Unlikely. Is this due to the drivers are not good? Or may be Fortran slowed things somewhere ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: