forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I update from ftn77/realmode to plato?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: How do I update from ftn77/realmode to plato? Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have inherited some code that was developed more than 15 years with FTN77 running under DOS with DBOS memory management. I would now like to run it under XP and have recompiled some of the code with Plato 3.

I understand that DBOS is now history. The problem that I have is that one of the programs calls a separate ‘Realmode’ program. This realmode program is written in Borland C++ and integrates a main with three libraries containing functions for interface cards and of course ftn77wt.obj.

I believe that the solution will be necessary to re-write this code so that it no longer calls realmode. However, truth be told, I have no idea of how to start implementing this change.

I would much appreciate it if anyone could start me off with some ideas. Infact, all suggestion would be welcomed. Even better if there is any documentation that would guide me through this process that anybody knows about that would be a great help.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid there is no easy fix and it is not feasible to provide documentation (apart from a table of alternative functions listed in the ClearWin+ part of FTN95.chm).

All you can do is work out what the code is doing and rewrite it without using Readmode.

The alternative is to use the old software on a Win16 machine/OS.

By the way, Plato3 is an IDE that drives the FTN95 Fortran compiler.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you will find the comments in this forum under Support and "Application with dbos on XP" helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: