forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%ob changes shape/position as window is resized
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,

I would also like that explained as well. It should be simple enough to do with a decent image editor!

Bill
wahorger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the description and how to use the "ribbon resource editor" (part of Visual Studio?), I have altered my thoughts somewhat. It would appear that this special editor is required to both build the image strip from raw images, and also to build an XML file that describes what the strip contains(?).

All that said, it might be easy to do this when you have special stuff to be done. A tutorial/guide on what to do, and how to do it, will be very helpful!
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill

I use a basic bitmap editor to create the image strips.

I will aim to create a short video soon.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

If you let me know what the 7 icons do or look like I'll see if I have something that might fit I could send it. (Also how big in pixels).

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a sample program for %mb with a user image strip.
It can be downloaded from here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d480k1tjgk5cpcn/mb.zip?dl=0

It may not run without the latest DLLs but you can see the grave accent on %`mb, the corresponding string "Bitmap" and resource file bits.bmp which you can edit in a bitmap editor.

I hope to be able to upload new DLLs soon.
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,

While I have the current button descriptions, they are a mix of "standard terminology" and app specific.

The general ones are "Open, Load, Save, Save As,About".

The specific ones are:
Logs - list the logs being displayed after being Loaded
Scale (each click goes to a different scaling option)
Image (may not be used)
Search - Search for a specific identifier in the raw data

Nothing fancy.

Bill
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I ran the program form the download, and it sure seemed to work! Running the latest version, so that's a good sign for me!

And, it's pretty simple to make the image that you have shown. Easier than the MS docs would have suggested!

Bill
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I have several 'Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass' bitmaps from 16x16 to 32x32 size, but not suitable for greying out when using %ib. This icon is often used for 'Search', but is also used for 'Enlarge' - when I use it for the latter purpose I show a rectangular area behind it.

I also have a 'Scale' bitmap with H and V scales in 16x16 and 32x32.

How do you think of a (borehole) log? As the paper table, or some other image such as a stick of core? What conjures up 'Image'?

PM me an email address if you want the bitmaps.

Eddie
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie, I thank you for your generosity, and I will PM you with my e-mail address.

The image of a borehole log is (and in reality) a set of pictures of various rock types. Each type has its own unique signature of pattern, color, texture, etc. Primarily as a teaching adjunct, being able to place an actual image of a rock on top of another image of a different rock can be helpful. For most of my commercial customers, it is not; for their customers, it might be! Manipulating the image is something I may add later on, time permitting.

What the geologist will do is to "correlate" the logs, finding the seams of interest in common between the logs, and performing analysis of those seams as if they are a contiguous entity. Creating 3-D contours is one of the outcomes of performing the correlation. The "Distance" button shows the logs in relative position to each other, rather than just side by side. The geologist will use their own knowledge of the area to eliminate logs that could not contain the seam of interest to ease the processing. In the past, this was done by generating paper strips of logs whose rock types are represented by specific symbologies, and placing these on a wall in relative position to each other to perform this correlation activity. While the entire data set might consist of several hundred logs, they typically deal with about 50 or so, and break the project into manageable chunks. My software will allow them to define the chunks using geographic coordinates, process/correlate these chunks, then coalesce these chunks into progressively larger data sets as the analysis progresses.

I have attached a link to B&W image of what the current application shows when enabling "Images".

Bill

https://capture.dropbox.com/YsZuWBtVpFg2aLa5
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitmaps sent.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: