Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:52 pm Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 8.95
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 8.95. This is available for download now to supported users.
- Fortran 2008 Standard intrinsic ATAN(Y,X).
- Fortran 2008 z%re and z%im for complex z.
- Fortran 2008 Standard intrinsic HYPOT(X,Y).
- Fortran 2008 FINDLOC (but not KIND and BACK arguments).
- Fortran 2003 Allocate on assignment for CHARACTER variables.
- Fortran 2003 Allocate on assignment for PACK and RESHAPE intrinsics.
- Cast to CHARACTER(LEN=n) or to REAL within an array constructor.
- Fortran 2003 SOURCE keyword for the ALLOCATE statement (arrays only).
- ClearWin+: scaling option added to %th
- ClearWin+: SET_CONTROL_TEXT@ allows the setting of placeholder text in a text control
- ClearWin+: %pr has been added as an alternative way to provide placeholder text
- ClearWin+: change_plot_chr@ can now take the option "scale" in order to change to and from logarithmic scaling for %pl
- ClearWin+: A new subroutine send_accelerator@ has been added
Outline summary of some of the bugs that have been fixed:
- Outline summary of some of the bugs that have been fixed:
- Last character was being omitted in a list-directed READ.
- Missing error report for READ and OPEN(BLANK='ZERO').
- Isolated errors in ISHFT and ISHFTC.
- INQUIRE(IOLENGTH) was giving an incorrect result.
- No warning was provided when calling a routine with optional arguments and no interface.
- No warning was provided for a miss-matched interface.
- There was a failure to save very large (>2GB) arrays for 64 bit FTN95.
- There was a failure when passing a host and allocatable array to a CONTAINed routine.
- /CHECK was giving a false runtime error for a subroutine passed as an argument.
- SUM and PRODUCT using an assumed-size array was not flagged as an error at compile time.
- COMPILER_VERSION and COMPILER_OPTIONS were not working within a CONTAINed routine.
- Some bugs for UNFORMATTED STREAM I/O have been fixed.
- EXTERNAL attribute for a CONTAINed routine was not flagged.
- /64 /UNDEF was giving an incorrect line number in a certain context.