forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO_TRUNCATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject: NO_TRUNCATE Reply with quote

This great option fails sometimes to print the error message in right place after offending line. Small demo is not possible, i tried 20 of them. Decreasing file size places the error report where it should be (it was almost at the end of the file). Here is an example what's happening:

Code:

PROCESSING MODULE  [<ALL_SUBS_BREMMS> FTN95/x64 v8.83.0]
18546) ionCurr= ionSpecieNo
*** Error 1100: Line is longer than 132 characters (because of /NO_TRUNCATE)
        1 ERROR  [<LASERSEPARATION> FTN95 v8.83.0]
        NO ERRORS  [<NUMBERSNUMBERS> FTN95 v8.83.0]
        NO ERRORS  [<ELECTRONCHARGEANDENERGY> FTN95 v8.83.0]
1277) ElChargeBetween = ElChargeBetween + CoordMomE(8, ipartcl, iaxcell) *iReadEveryNth
WARNING - 1220: A 32 bit INTEGER has been converted to REAL with a 24 bit
    mantissa
        NO ERRORS, 1 WARNING  [<CBELECTRONCHARGEANDENERGY> FTN95 v8.83.0]

The error about line truncation beyond 132 characters is shown in wrong place at the beginning of large module of ~20k lines so to find by eye where the errors was almost impossible. The shown position of the error at the line 18546 is wrong, it is not an error place. No error line also near this line (it was at the end found 1016 lines above it). You also see that further errors/warning line number 1277 etc is at the beginning of the module like it should be while no_truncate error 1100 is clearly not in right place. I think this is an indication of some memory curruption in FTN95 if files become large. Years ago with FTN77 this was very common, so i kept my FTN files below 30k lines. This is from the multiyear series "Devilry" Smile Happens because users after spending a day finding the bugs do not report them thinking this error was their own fault.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

In this case I think that you can send me the whole file even though it it large.

Send the whole project if it is needed in order to demonstrate the error report.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: