forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Add Source Files to Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Can't Add Source Files to Project Reply with quote

I'm a new user of the Plato3 IDE and I like it very much. I do have one question about adding existing source files to a project. Plato3 doesn't let me add certain *.f90 and *.f95 files to the project. It seems erratic on which ones it lets me add. If I shutdown and restart the IDE I can get certain ones to load. I've tried two approaches to this: 1) right-clicking on the source files icon in the Project Explorer and 2) clicking on the Project menu in the menu bar. I don't get any error warnings but I do find that if the files are NOT added by Plato3 to the Source files list, they are added to the Include files list. This seems strange. Am I missing something here?

Tim
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Can't Add Source Files to Project Reply with quote

The problem with source files being treated as include files has already been fixed for the next release of Plato3.
Hopefully this fix will solve the whole problem. Cool
sparge

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Can't Add Source Files to Project Reply with quote

(sorry if this ends up appearing twice; I got an internal server error the first time I tried to post it).

Can I take this logical opportunity to mention three "nice to have"s, in respect of adding files to a project, for the next release of Plato:

- inclusion of *.rc as an explicit file filter in the "add existing/new item" dialogues (currently has to be done via "all files")
- ability to select multiple files in the "add reference" (one at a time when wading through system32 is a PITA)
- addition of the "add reference" dialogue to the main menu (right click works, but has to be discovered first!)

Am enjoying using Plato very much, can't imagine how or why I managed for so long without it. TIA! Andy
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Can't Add Source Files to Project Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions and encouraging remarks. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: