forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Studio and Debugging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMoody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Visual Studio and Debugging Reply with quote

I have a project using VS2019 version 16.10.2 that uses mixed C# and Fortran. In order to see the variables in the Fortran code while debugging, I need to turn on Managed Compatibility Mode.

Today, when I did so, I got a warning stating that this mode is deprecated and will be removed in future versions of Visual Studio.

Will the Fortran plug in be modified to not use the Managed Compatibility Mode? Or will I need to keep an older version of VS around to do debugging?
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that means they will get rid of it for VS2022 -- which is 64-bit -- which is a whole new kettle of fish...
JMoody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed VS2022. The Managed Compatibility Mode is not there. Luckily, VS2019 and VS2022 seem to get along well on the same computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: