forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printing to a network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerLampert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Printing to a network Reply with quote

Fro a long time, we have used stand-alone printers and we sometimes use some small programs to send control codes to these printers. I am now being networked. How do you open an output stream to a network printer?

Roger Lampert
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Printing to a network Reply with quote

You could start at the URL http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwinpro02/html/w9p0102.asp

Basically you need to find a way to bypass the Windows spooler.
One way is to make a call to the Windows API function CreateFile but I cannot remember where to find the "file name" to use for a given printer.

If you can find the appropriate name, there is just the chance that you may be able to print to the "file" using standard Fortran but this is a long shot.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Printing to a network Reply with quote

I have tried the following code

OPEN(8,FILE="ipp://<printer details go here>")
WRITE(8,*) "Hello World"
CLOSE(Cool
END

I used the "file name" ipp://... obtained from the "Printers and Faxes" dialog under Properties and Ports.

This does not work but it appears to be close because a relevant failure message is reported.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: