forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDBG64: Can not cancel previously set breakpoint on variable
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the error happens the code launches SDBG64 which stops on offending line shown in violet.

But the color of background of line is extremely badly chosen. You can not see anything there. Good variants are shown at the corner. This definitely has to be changed

/* Sick how damn conservative users of all versions of Fortran are. Almost no one uses excellent tool called debugger. Same for reporting bugs, let alone giving any suggestions for improvement...Is this difficult to type instead of
Code:
C:> Program.exe

Code:
C:> SDBG Program.exe

adding just the key /DEBUG or /FULL_DEBUG when do the compilation to usual /CHECk and possibly /UNDEF ?
Code:
C:> FTN95 Program.f95 /DEBUG /CHECK /UNDEF
Robert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean SDBG rather than SDBG64. The violet is showing you that it is the current execution point and that there is a breakpoint on that line. I admit it doesn't look ideal. SDBG64 doesn't vary the execution point line colour but you can see it is a breakpoint in the left margin.
Robert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan: have the 'sdbg64 showing the wrong line' issues been fixed now by using the latest FTN95?
DietmarSiepmann

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to make use of routines
Code:
C_EXTERNAL GetLibraryVersionInfo '_GetLibraryVersionInfo'():INTEGER(7)
C_EXTERNAL GetLibraryDateInfo '_GetLibraryDateInfo'():INTEGER(7)
C_EXTERNAL GetString 'GET_CSTRING@'(REF,VAL,REF)

mentioned above by Dan, because these routines could be used to provide for a way to check if the version number of dlls clearwin64.dll and salflibc64.dll loaded by an application is in sync with the version number of the dlls with respect to which the application in question has been built.

I would appreciate very much if they were part of the official release.

Regards,
Dietmar
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dietmar

There are two sample programs here...

http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3584&highlight=getlibraryversioninfo.
DietmarSiepmann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

thanks for your information. I did know this request but that was not my problem.

In the request you mentioned in your last post there appeared 2 ways of retrieving information about the SALFORD dlls loaded. One by Dan and one by JohnC. And they were different (e.g. with respect to the routine names and data types returned by the functions in question). I did not make it to use the routines mentioned by JohnC when calling from an app built with INTEL 64 bit compiler ifort and hence tried the ones mentioned by Dan which worked.

However, I am not sure if they are part of the official release. E.g. for ftn95 version 8.63 I tried to search for string "GetLibraryVersionInfo" in the online help (called via ftn95 --help) and did not find it.

Hence do I understand you right that GetLibraryVersionInfo, GetLibraryDateInfo and GET_CSTRING@ are contained in the release of ftn95 (8.63 and higher)?

Regards,
Dietmar
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dietmar

These routines are permanently in the FTN95 library. They are located in salflibc.dll and clearwin64.dll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: