forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjustable curve spline
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my description above I wrote that the "link" value is redundant when "tension" is applied. This makes the logic in the ClearWin+ code very tricky so I will change this to... you can set the link value or the tension but not both.

Dan

Thank you for the feedback. The thought that I might look forward to years of further development is actuallly quite encouraging but maybe not on %pl. My initial plan was to port the original %pl (that uses SimplePlot) to 64 bits. A friend advised me that it was unwise to do this because there will always be requests for changes and more features. Perhaps he was right. As it is I am quite happy to make some corrections and add new features as time permits.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a lot of efforts to make my own graphs library. But i saw many cases in life when the same or perhaps with better quality was done literally in no time. And when done abandoned in no time. All depends on person and right tools and skills and inclination and funds and amount of supporters. Of course my graphics was made in spare time with zero skills in this area.

Perhaps the most amazing graphics program was created by two 9-graders under supervision of professional graphics designers but they were already retired for many years, and in the past by themselves they have not succeeded in making their product of such superb quality like two these students have done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxdY-pJNAvI

How about hiring these kids ? They would work literally for candies. I downloaded Bridplot , it costs just 2 dollars

They would make the Bridplot version for FTN95 or any other compiler, give you the right to edit the sources, and we would pay them for their efforts

Last edited by DanRRight on Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

The link that you provide is actually quite interesting and imples a connection with the original BUSS SimplePlot. I won't comment on your suggestions.
Kenneth_Smith

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

“Requests for changes and more features” demonstrates that people are using %pl[native]. It’s use shows that porting the functionality of the old DLL was successful.

Unfortunately we users will only be satisfied for a short time as we use %pl[native] and ponder questions like “I wonder if the %pl[native] could…….?”.

Such questions have actually seen the %pl[native] been taken to the “next level” a number of times in recent years; reviewing the enhancements file clearly documents these incremental steps (and there are more to be added to the list with the next update to the enhancement file).

I guess we users overwhelm you at times, and you get a bit fed up revisiting the same part of the Clearwin code again and again, but this is the result of your successful porting of the old DLL, and the relatively diverse range of end uses of the code – it’s not just an X-Y plotting routine.

I hope these improvements will continue resources/time permitting. I think you set a time delivery record with the implementation of the “tension” parameter. Well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: