forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LS/RS-Documentation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DietmarSiepmann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: LS/RS-Documentation? Reply with quote

Hello,

for porting reasons I would like to know the interface of functions LS and RS. Unfortunately I could not find these functions in topic
Code:
Library routines

of FTN95 Help System Overview, Run-time library (or elsewhere).

I would like to know all the types involved (for both the type to be shifted and the type of the shift amount).

I would appreciate any hint.

Regards,
Dietmar
Robert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the FTN77 manual. It doesn't mention integer*8 but I am sure it will work with FTN95. :

LS, RS, LR and RR take two arguments; each argument may be either a long or a short integer. These arguments are called ARG1 and ARG2 in the following.

LS shifts ARG1 to the left by the number of bits specified in ARG2. The result
has the type of ARG1, that is, no type change occurs. Vacated places are filled with zeros. If ARG2 is zero, no shift occurs. If ARG2 is negative, the effects of the operation are undefined.

RS is identical to LS, except that the shift is to the right.

LR rotates the bits in ARG1 by the number of bits specified in ARG2. The result has the type of ARG1, that is, no type change occurs. Bits are removed from the left hand end of ARG1 and replaced at the right hand end
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: