forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot create standalone executable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxell233H

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Cannot create standalone executable Reply with quote

How do you create standalone executables for fortran90 programs using Plato? I've tried creating the executable using the 'release' option, but whenever I place it onto a computer without Plato I get crashes complaining about missing DLLs. What am I doing wrong here?
maxell233H

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further inspection this issue has already been fixed:
http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=208
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can copy the EXE and salflibc.dll to the other computer, manually or by using a batch file. By the time you start wanting to copy files to specific directories, (including setting them up in the first place), and adding things to the registry, doing it that way gets tedious, and there's always the chance of missing something.

You can use an installer or setup program, which automates the process. I use Jordan Russell Software's free InnoSetup program (Google it). It has the advantage of compressing all your files into one EXE, which unpacks itself when you run it. InnoSetup has the other advantage of being free!

Merry Christmas!

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: