forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenGL64Bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: OpenGL64Bit Reply with quote

Running a large, Fixed Fortran application that generates plot data. After execution, running the plot routine, again in fixed Fortran. However, when I go to compile in 64 Bit Fortran, will not allow, says has to be 32 bit Fortran compile. Does the OpenGL Fortran callable routines in SilverFrost not support 64 bit Fortran solutions? Any help will be appreciated. Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to convert your application to 64 bits but you will need to provide more details about the failure that you have encountered.

You will find details on how to convert in the ftn95.chm file under the heading "x64 platform". This help file can be accessed directly from Plato and the Help menu.
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: 64 bit Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, Sid
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"x64 platform"

doesn't appear to be present in the on-line help, or is it hidden away somewhere ?
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ftn95.chm > FTN95 > x64 platform

if it was a snake ...
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks John C, but it depends which ftn95.chm anaconda you're talking about.
They're not all the same - hence my question, which was about ON-LINE documentaion.

P.S. hope alls well out there in Oz re- the Covid re-lockdown
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The documentation is there on-line, you just cannot navigate to it ... which I can see isn't of much help. I will endeavour to rectify that...

https://www.silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/x64/intro.aspx
John-Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks obert, I think I'd already fournd that via a Search but I was more interested in traking down what Paul referred Sid to:

Quote:
You will find details on how to convert in the ftn95.chm file under the heading "x64 platform".

and I can't find anything related there in the online section you pointed me to.
That seems to be (for want of a better expression) documentation of higher-level facilities, which, au contraire to the tea and coffee ones you get in yer better hotels, don't always refresh the parts other Help's might reach, even though all the info there is essential and seemswell structured.
I was expecting to see some guidelines for conversion 32 to 64 bit, a bit (sic) like the idiots guides to switching existing code from F77 to F90/95.

Maybe the on-line documentation and the ftn95.chm (the one supplied with the program install) HELPS aren't identical and that's the reason why ?
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John S,

I answered the only question I could in this post !

Explaining how to convert 32-bit OpenGL to 64-bit and obtaining the appropriate .dll's is what I thought Sid was asking.
I know very little about how to answer that question, or even if the 64-bit dll's exist. Dan might ?

Not familiar with anacondas either :)
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link is the first topic in the 'x64 Platform' section of ftn95.chm. It is now linked direct from the main '64 bit compiling' link and contains links to other pages.

The online help is derived directly from the sources that make up ftn95.chm. The source files are identical. ftn95.chm is compiled at a point in time as the release compiler is built. The web site help files are updated more often. The website processes them to produce a slightly different view (adding in the name of a ClearWin+ control for example).
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

John-Silver wrote:
Thanks Robert, I think I'd already fournd that via a Search but I was more interested in tracking down what Paul referred Sid to:

Quote:
You will find details on how to convert in the ftn95.chm file under the heading "x64 platform".

and I can't find anything related there in the online section you pointed me to.
That seems to be (for want of a better expression) documentation of higher-level facilities, which, au contraire to the tea and coffee ones you get in yer better hotels, don't always refresh the parts other Help's might reach, even though all the info there is essential and seemswell structured.
I was expecting to see some guidelines for conversion 32 to 64 bit, a bit (sic) like the idiots guides to switching existing code from F77 to F90/95.

Maybe the on-line documentation and the ftn95.chm (the one supplied with the program install) HELPS aren't identical and that's the reason why ?

John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone give me a direct link to the 'x64 platform' page in the online manual ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: