forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's a WonderApp Express ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: What's a WonderApp Express ? Reply with quote

What's a 'WonderApp Express' (Silverfrost terminology) ?
.... and where does this
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/integrate/?view=azure-devops&viewFallbackFrom=vsts
... which to me, and imo to any sane human being, is just a hyroglyphic scroll of bunkum, ... fit in with the concept ?
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question was aimed at Silverfrost staff btw, since it' mentioned in the documentation, with little or no explanation.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'WonderApp Express' is a wonder full new application that uses Visual Studio Express as its base. It probably made sense at the time...
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link should probably go to something like this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/extensibility/visual-studio-sdk?view=vs-2019

This is the SDK the Visual Studio plug-in is written with
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for clearing that up Robert, much better link !

I think Ken (Smith) will be pleased as one of the touted possibilities is:
Quote:
Use light bulbs to provide hints and suggestions that help developers write better code

LOL - just joking Ken Smile

Anyway Robert, I guess you've been anticipating my next question ..... why is ftnç( Express still in the documentation when it's a way out of date compiler bundled with it (v5.4 I think) and there are all the new versions plugins in recent times ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: