forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%PL - some issues/questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin_K

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something went wrong with my latest post - here is the missing part:

.. which are wanted to be changed from the others which should remain unchanged.

Most important question is:
Is it not possible to call with %PL command contained in one integer function more than one call-back? I saw this as a way how to separate the influence
of changes in font/colour/size on X/Y captions from the others and if it is possible, where am I wrong?

As an assessment from a common user (occasional programmer) - by far - the easiest way would be to ADD new options for the %PL command such as:
[x_axis_font=], [x_axis_colour=], [x_axis_fontsize=] (the same for Y axis) and maybe a few more options along with good help (documentation).

So If you would have some ideas/comments/recommendations whick trick(s) could overcome current status of the %PL , I would be thankful.

Martin
Kenneth_Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin,

I am not surprised that your first attempt failed. The code it trying to produce two pl regions.

The function to draw the text should be called in the main pl call back within the if “plot adjust” logical test. Do this before you call COPY_GRAPHICS_REGION@ to copy the %pl to the “back up” internal graphics region.

After a call to rotate_font@(XX), it’s always a good idea to call rotate_font@(0.d0) immediately after you have completed the drawing operation with the text at an angle of XX.

Yes the characters in the yellow box will change. It’s drawn on the same graphics area as the %pl and prior to the call to draw the title text this would be at some default value probably defined by %fn before immediately before the %pl call – if I understand the user’s guide.

Generally I only use a single font and simply scale or rotate it where necessary.

You could open another window to display the internal %gr region. Then by adding a number of calls to SLEEP1@ at strategic points in the code, you can follow the progress of the various call back functions as they operate on each of the graphics areas.

Ken
Martin_K

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken!

Now, I can zoom in/out/to extents as many times as I want and the X,Y captions retain always all their properties as I programmed it for them (picture below)!

I also incorporated switch on/off option for the bubble help (picture below)!

One question more (your answer will avoid my thinking in wrong direction):

I also have a raster image (.bmp) of the grid with SK borders which can
be seen under one menu option (there is also scale on the picture which corresponds to the reality).

I would also like to add a possibility in the menu option to zoom in/out/to extents using %SL (slider) in connection with mouse wheel. It means, as the wheel would spin, the raster picture would zoom in/out). Is this idea with the %SL command in connection with mouse wheel feasible or is there a more appropriate % command to use for such purpose?

Martin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See item number 351 in cwplus.ehn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: