forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64 Bit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Using 64 bit Fortran, getting many problems, ignoring Fortran statements, branching to the wrong labels, anyone else having problems? 32 bit Fortran works fine with the same subroutines.

Additionally, when using 32 bit Fortran and set a statement for the debugger to stop at, always puts a line in the configuration settings as follows:

[Breakpoints]
1929590682_1=1966

where 1966 is the line number to breakpoint at. Using 64 bit Fortran, never enters a line even though set during execution??

Strange errors for sure? Are there really a lot of errors using 64 bit Fortran, please advise, Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the latest Plato (v5.32) that you can download from here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzqquvvva6dconu/Plato532.zip?dl=0
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Tried to download, unzip, got message Microsoft windows defender prevented unzip, do anyway? said yes, still did not do? Should I erase Silverfrost and re-download everything? so confused. Is the latest Plato in the Silverfrost library? Sid
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that reinstalling FTN95 etc. will help. The link that I provided is for the latest Plato that is not yet on general release.

Is there anyone local to you who can help with the download?
stfark1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Hi Paul: When do you anticipate that the Plato currently in test will be released for production? Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Hi again Paul: Being that Microsoft Defender hesitated in opening the Plato that I downloaded from the site that you suggested, how safe are the downloads from this site? Sid Kraft
mecej4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded scores of files from various people (including Paul Laidler) via Dropbox, and never had a problem. The download link in this thread is only for Plato, and nothing else is included.

It may be more productive if you provide a test program, state which versions of the compiler, linker and Silverfrost DLLs you are using, and list the debugger problems pertaining to that program.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded and unzipped the file no problem at all and have generally hd same experience as mecej4 states above (never a problem)
the problem is evidently with MS Defender producing some kind of false positive.
Tr temporarily disabling it before downloading/ unzipping and then obviously reactivate.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

The original Silverfrost configuration file, when in debug mode, had a line for the breakpoint: [Breakpoint]
1929590682_1=nnnn
where nnnn was the line number in the Fortran program being debugged

In the Plato, 64 bit, preliminary system when a breakpoint is set, there is not a marker, as above, in the configuration file. How can I find the marker? Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Paul: Thanks for the tip, using Plato experimental, works great for 64 bit Fortran. One other question though, see previous post where in old Plato, breakpoint locations were noted by line number in the configuration file, in Plato experimental, they are not noted in the configuration file, any ideas why? Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you are looking for the configuration file in the wrong place. If it is for a project then it will be in the local folder.
stfark1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Hi Paul: Have looked in the correct file, watchlist location not there. In fact, I know it is not stored in the file nnnn.configuration, where nnnn is the project name, as the watch line has to be set each time the program is re-entered, is not stored. Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plato uses configuration files that have extensions .ini and/or .ftn95p. It make no use of files that have extension .configuration.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sid, it may well be worth digesting this too concerning Plato and ftn95 configuration files:

https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/plato/configfiles.aspx

For me it's a little confusing to understand reading it 'blind' like I just have done, but then I don't (but probably should start to sometime) use Plato.

Interstingly the Plato main documentation page, 1 level up from the link above'
i.e. https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/plato/overview.aspx

doesn't mention Plato configuration files (which Paul refers to above)

I assume that this means that all paramete setting is intendd to be done 'under the bonnett' from within Plato itself rather than delving into the config file.
But a description of the contents of the 2 types of Plato files would seem to be a useful addition to the documentation if it exists , especially for the 'more experienced (read 'us older' Wink users who have experience .... of getting their sleeves roled up, not to mention their hands burnt from time to time ! lol
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
stfark1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject: 64 Bit Reply with quote

Hi Paul: Where do I report problems with the new, experimental Plato that you asked me to download, specifically, when one runs a debug session and wants to restart the program, could do this with the regular Plato. When I try to do in the experimental Plato, just "hangs up". Please let me know, Sid Kraft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: