forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDBG 8.62 parses variable names in comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mecej4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: SDBG 8.62 parses variable names in comments Reply with quote

When a program is compiled with /debug and run inside SDBG/SDBG64 8.62, when the mouse pointer hovers over a variable name in a comment area of the source, the current value of the variable is displayed. Should not the debugger completely ignore anything beyond '!' in a source line (or an entire fixed-format source line with 'c' in col-1)?

Code:
program sdbgBug
implicit none
integer :: iabcd, iefgh
!
iabcd = 10
iefgh = 71
call sub(iabcd, iefgh)
print *, iabcd                  ! iefgh
! iabcd   iefgh
end program

subroutine sub(i, j)
implicit none
integer i,j,k
k=i
i=j
j=k
return
end subroutine sub

Please place a breakpoint on the PRINT line and run to that breakpoint. Place the mouse pointer on "iefgh" on that line or on either of the "words" on the next line. Observe that the variable names are parsed and their values displayed.

My preference is that the debugger should completely ignore any part of a comment.
Robert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just looks at the surrounding line for things it can show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: